Summer is the best time to hire painting contractors in Sydney because the works can be accomplished as soon as possible. If you think about doing the painting works yourself, make sure you consider everything because your house is very important thus it should receive quality work. If you know that you can’t deliver professional quality painting, it is best to find a contractor to do it. Here are a few things to keep in mind when hiring painting contractors.
- Make sure the contractor knows the type of work they are going to do. This is to make sure that they will be quoting for the same amount for work. Make sure to be detailed about it such as the areas of the home to be painted, the gloss level of the paint, the colour and the timeframe for the completion of work.
- Ask for quotes from several contractors before deciding on a single one. Make sure that you get a written quote from each of them.
- Make sure to ask about the painting process to be followed by the contractor. Basically, it should include surface preparation, priming, and applying the finishing coat.
- Ask them about the methods they will do in order to make sure that your assets will not get paint over them. Prior decision should be made about the floors, furniture and other fixtures inside the home.
- Inquire about the timeframe such as when the work will begin and the expected completion date. Ask about the number of people who will be doing the work and what will happen if they did not finish it on the promised date.
- Make sure to ask about the warranty of the work they are providing. There are warranties that cover both materials and labour while some warranties only cover the labour. Ask about the duration of the warranty and the remedy they will employ in case there is failure with the paint quality.
- Lastly, make sure to assess the professional ethics of painting contractors in Sydney because it is just as important as the quality of work they can deliver.