Dale and Waters shared with us one of the most vital tips that women should take note when choosing clothes for their plus size frame – don’t draw inspiration from skinny models wearing skimpy clothing on the magazines. A plus size female should also know that their body type is not something that should be hidden behind loose and baggy clothing. In today’s fashion world, more and more brands are designing clothes for women who are in the plus size range that follows those trendiest and most fashionable styles. There are many stores that cater to plus size women now providing them with more options. Here are some tips and tricks you should know when choosing plus size clothing for yourself or a gift for someone.
– Sexy does not only apply to skinny women. If you are plus size and would love to wear a V-neck or something even deeper in the neck then you should go for it. Just make sure that you are comfortable.
– For dresses, it is recommended that you choose the ones with high waists while for pants, it is best to choose something with low waist in order to help camouflage that tummy.
– For a longer looking upper body, choose longer tops. They are also helpful in making sure you don’t accidentally show off your belly when reaching up or bending.
– In the event that you find a dress or top that suits your figure well, don’t limit yourself. Buy several ones in different colors.
– When choosing fabrics, stick with plain and classy ones. The simple the better. Opt out for choices that are fussy or with too much print.
– Do not get too caught up with the sizing and get something that fits you well. Don’t go for clothing that are too tight and would make you look even larger than you are. Don’t choose sizes that are way too large as well. If you’re thinking of hiding behind that layer of fabrics then it will not help since it will only make you look bigger.
– Choosing clothes with dark colors especially on the larger parts of your body will create an illusion of a slimmer body type.