Out of all the salon services, hair extensions are considered to be the most fancy. Many do not realize the beauty of hair extensions as it can make a hair longer, thicker and have highlights without applying any chemicals. Ladies who are planning to have hair extensions in Bondi should have knowledge of the different methods used. There are a lot to choose from and knowing one from the other can make the choosing process a bit easier.
Strand by strand.
Extensions, a lock of 20 to 30 pieces of hair,are attached to small pieces of hair using glue bond and application method can be either warm or cold. Majority of the companies that have strand by strand services make use of the keratin bond method.
- Keratin bond/Hot fusion. A heating element is used to connect the hair extensions using silicone which is responsible for protecting your real hair. The bond is connected near the roots of the so the natural hair can move as freely.
- Cold Fusion/Micro-links. This is done by attaching hair extensions that comes with a lock and closed down using a special tool. Copper cylinders are used by huge companies and silicone is the protecting agent.
Weft Hair Extensions
Unlike the strand by strand method, this uses a weft of hair that measures between 2 and 4 inches in width. The weft extensions can be attached with the help of glue, tape, sewn or braided.
- Tape-in. This is the most recent method in the hair extension market. It makes use of double or single sided tape made of polyurethane. If double sided tape is used, the natural hair is sandwiched between two wefts of hair extensions. If the client has super thin hair, the use of single sided tape is recommended.
- Glue-in. This method is used if the extensions are only attached for a short time. It will last for several days and can be taken off using a solvent that is oil-based.
- Sew-in/Braided. This is more popularly known as weave and recommended for clients with thick or curly hair. The natural hair is braided first before the extensions are sewn in with the help of thread and needle.
For clients wanting to have hair extensions in Bondi, make sure to talk with a hair expert if you are not sure of what method to choose.