Packing clothes, linens, towels, carpets and rugs does not require too much effort because you only need to buy cheap boxes for moving from online sites. Cheap does not necessarily mean that the moving box is flimsy or non-durable. They are made from recycled corrugated cardboard boxes and brown paper. Paper fibres in the corrugated boxes are strong and long and can be reused over and over again.
One of the most difficult items to pack is your wineglasses and crystal champagne flutes. It goes without saying that these items are very valuable not only because of the price but the memories attached to it. It is very likely that the champagne flutes were one of the gifts you received on your wedding. However, they are very fragile and can easily break from the vibrations of the moving van.
If you cannot find a box that is specifically designed for champagne flutes and wine glasses, you can have the boxes customized from online vendors. You can also do a DIY glass moving box with organized separate pockets. Make sure that there is a cardboard in between the glasses so that they will not bump against each other.
Never use newspaper to wrap the glasses because the ink can stain the glass leaving you with a lot of work instead of relaxing after the move. A better alternative is white tissue paper and bubble wrap. However, avoid padding the glasses directly with bubble wrap because it creates a certain grip between plastic and glass that can result into broken stems or crashed glasses. For better results use a layer of tissue paper before the bubble wrap.
All the extra spaces must be padded with excess tissue paper, blankets, socks or shirts. Proper padding will provide additional support and prevent the glasses from shifting during transport. When the movers arrive, make sure that the glass box is not placed on the bottom to prevent it from being crushed.
You do not have to spend so much if you will opt for cheap boxes for moving that provides the same strength as the more expensive shipping boxes. What is important is to provide the fragile and breakable items with enough padding and support for protection.
The home sweet home, to be a real home sweet home, requires an investment of time, money and energy. Interior decorations, wiring, and other stuff.
Some people just can’t put in the time and energy to personally deal with things, hence why they call services like painters in Hills District in; to deal with the problem for them. That’s because we all want our home to look the best we could, and, sometimes, we’re just not the right people to go and actually make that happen. Maybe we don’t have the skills to make it happen, maybe we don’t have the time.
Regardless, it’s time to call in the cavalry: time to call a painting company in. But looking through listings for painters in Hills District or anywhere else, how do you find the best? Here are some tips.
- Call a friend.
- And no, we don’t mean have a friend paint your house for you (unless they’re a painter, and even then that’d still be iffy), we mean to get recommendations for a painter company from the friends you trust. Best-case scenario; your friends point you to a painting company that works for you, worst case scenario; you get pointed at the right direction.
- Square one.
- If your friends can give you any recommendations, then there’s only one option: to look for one yourself. The Yellow Pages (yes, those still exist), and the internet (of course) are great places to look for painters in your local area. You need painters in Hills District, then that means you need to sift through the listings.
- How much will this cost me?
- You’re going to have to get this answered sooner or later. A real professional painter won’t give you their estimate over the phone, no, they’ll visit your house, inspect every nook and cranny, and measure things out. Then, you’ll get your estimate, which will give you a starting point. If you’re getting an estimate, know what it is you want. What area needs paint? How many coats? Any additional needs? That sort of thing. If you don’t give that painter good info, you’re definitely not going to get a good estimate.
Summer is the best time to hire painting contractors in Sydney because the works can be accomplished as soon as possible. If you think about doing the painting works yourself, make sure you consider everything because your house is very important thus it should receive quality work. If you know that you can’t deliver professional quality painting, it is best to find a contractor to do it. Here are a few things to keep in mind when hiring painting contractors.
- Make sure the contractor knows the type of work they are going to do. This is to make sure that they will be quoting for the same amount for work. Make sure to be detailed about it such as the areas of the home to be painted, the gloss level of the paint, the colour and the timeframe for the completion of work.
- Ask for quotes from several contractors before deciding on a single one. Make sure that you get a written quote from each of them.
- Make sure to ask about the painting process to be followed by the contractor. Basically, it should include surface preparation, priming, and applying the finishing coat.
- Ask them about the methods they will do in order to make sure that your assets will not get paint over them. Prior decision should be made about the floors, furniture and other fixtures inside the home.
- Inquire about the timeframe such as when the work will begin and the expected completion date. Ask about the number of people who will be doing the work and what will happen if they did not finish it on the promised date.
- Make sure to ask about the warranty of the work they are providing. There are warranties that cover both materials and labour while some warranties only cover the labour. Ask about the duration of the warranty and the remedy they will employ in case there is failure with the paint quality.
- Lastly, make sure to assess the professional ethics of painting contractors in Sydney because it is just as important as the quality of work they can deliver.