Out of all the salon services, hair extensions are considered to be the most fancy. Many do not realize the beauty of hair extensions as it can make a hair longer, thicker and have highlights without applying any chemicals. Ladies who are planning to have hair extensions in Bondi should have knowledge of the different methods used. There are a lot to choose from and knowing one from the other can make the choosing process a bit easier.
Strand by strand.
Extensions, a lock of 20 to 30 pieces of hair,are attached to small pieces of hair using glue bond and application method can be either warm or cold. Majority of the companies that have strand by strand services make use of the keratin bond method.
- Keratin bond/Hot fusion. A heating element is used to connect the hair extensions using silicone which is responsible for protecting your real hair. The bond is connected near the roots of the so the natural hair can move as freely.
- Cold Fusion/Micro-links. This is done by attaching hair extensions that comes with a lock and closed down using a special tool. Copper cylinders are used by huge companies and silicone is the protecting agent.
Weft Hair Extensions
Unlike the strand by strand method, this uses a weft of hair that measures between 2 and 4 inches in width. The weft extensions can be attached with the help of glue, tape, sewn or braided.
- Tape-in. This is the most recent method in the hair extension market. It makes use of double or single sided tape made of polyurethane. If double sided tape is used, the natural hair is sandwiched between two wefts of hair extensions. If the client has super thin hair, the use of single sided tape is recommended.
- Glue-in. This method is used if the extensions are only attached for a short time. It will last for several days and can be taken off using a solvent that is oil-based.
- Sew-in/Braided. This is more popularly known as weave and recommended for clients with thick or curly hair. The natural hair is braided first before the extensions are sewn in with the help of thread and needle.
For clients wanting to have hair extensions in Bondi, make sure to talk with a hair expert if you are not sure of what method to choose.
One thing that is constant during the season of Christmas holiday is the traditions that people are used to doing. You have a lot of traditions during the holiday but there is one more that will surely make your Christmas more fun, the ugly Christmas sweater party. It entails a gathering of friends and members of the family to share food and drinks while donning their respective ugly holiday sweaters. The ugly Christmas sweaters are known for the over the top designs which features 3D objects and other crazy blings.
The sweaters will not only make the party fun but it can encourage party goers to have a good laugh. There are parties that give out prizes to those people with the ugliest sweater. Another thing which could make the party fun is to have a game of designing the ugliest Christmas sweater. After the fun is over, how do you care for your ugly Christmas sweater? If your sweater has delicate designs which are not suitable for hand washing then better send it for dry cleaning. If your sweater does not need the service of the dry cleaning company then here are some things you could do to properly care for your sweater:
- The sweater should not be washed every after use unless it is smelly due to sweat, smoke or it acquired some stubborn stains. If not, wash it only after using for three to four times.
- The sweater only requires hand washing using cold water and a small amount of gentle detergent. Put the sweater in the water ad just give it a swish. Let it soak for half an hour before rinsing it with cold water.
Remember not to twist the sweater but only to perform gentle squeezing to remove the water out of the clothing. Put it on top of a towel before rolling like a sleeping bag so that excess water will be absorbed. Then you may hang your Ugly Christmas Sweater on a rack and wait for it to dry.
Ever wondered about the history of hair extensions? Since the days of early Egyptians, there are evidences that the system of hair extensions have existed. It is a popular belief that hair extensions were basically used for thinning hair. But in actuality, the hair extension systems were used basically as cosmetic adornment that were used not only by female but by both genders. Aside from cosmetic adornment and vanity, the wigs and hair extensions served other purposes as well. One primary use of the extension is to avoid the infection caused by head lice. Egyptian men specifically shaved their heads but wear wigs in order to protect their heads from various elements.
Throughout time, those in the east have learned to manufacture and process hair extensions and have become the leading producer of extensions around the globe. Just like the practice today, most of the wigs and hair extensions that were manufactured way back then consisted also of human hair. The huge difference lies in the way that these were applied or attached to the wearer’s head.
Today, there are now different techniques applied when attaching hair extensions like the clip on hair extension, fusion techniques and the strand bond weaving. Way back then, the hair extensions were simply fastened using a thread to the natural hair of the person. The hair extension and wigs are coated with plant resin and beeswax so that they will be secured to the natural hair or wearer’s scalp.
As the years progressed, a lot of changes took place. However, there are also some things that remain the same. Today, hundreds or even thousands of hair extension materials are available in the cosmetic shops. As long as most of the people in society will judge people with their looks, hair extensions and wigs and even other cosmetic products will continue to have an important role. Everyone of course longs for a nice and stylish hair. You may have different reasons for wearing hair extensions. Whatever your reason maybe, may it inspire you to become more confident and give you a sense of fulfillment of an inner longing.